Why I Almost Made a Huge Mistake Trying to Fix RROD

Let me guess – you’re here because you have been hit by the Xbox 360’s three flashing red lights known as RROD, right? And you know what the problem is, right?

General hardware failure and the end of your gaming. At least until you can fix RROD. So let me tell you what I did.

When this first happened to me I thought my Xbox 360 was done for, and because my warranty was up I almost went out and bought a new one.


Instead I did something worse.


I just let it sit there on the shelf for a week or so collecting dust. Sometimes I would fire it up hoping that the RROD had magically fixed its self so I could get back to gaming.

But the truth is, this problem won’t go away on its own.


Console Emergency Room


It needs a little first aid. You could say it just needs a quick trip to the console Emergency Room.

Microsoft would like you to think that they are the console Emergency Room. And yeah, they can fix your Xbox 360 and send it back to you minus those three flashing red lights. But it’ll cost you something like $140. And you want your 360 back under your TV fast? Forget it. Microsoft typically returns consoles after 6 to 8 weeks. You want to wait that long?

“So where’s the real console Emergency Room?”

It’s wherever you are right now!


Yep! Believe it or not


You actually have everything you need to get rid of the three red lights all on your own. Fixing RROD is actually a simple process, and one you can do for yourself.

I let my Xbox 360 sit on the shelf so long because after reading all those free online guides and watching the YouTube videos I didn’t think I could learn how to fix it on my own. I felt like they might be missing something and I really didn’t want to break my console any worse than it already was.


The Key to Learning How to Fix RROD


The key to learning how to do this for yourself is The James Dean 3 Red Light Fix Pro. This is a complete solution, brought to you by tech pros who know the Xbox 360 like the backs of their hands. They guarantee their method will work for you within 2 hours!


I finally decided that $29.95 and a 60 day money back guarantee was well worth it, and I was going to try to fix my Xbox 360 before I bought a new one.

I had nothing to lose and neither do you.


Here are Just a Few Things You Get with


James Dean’s 3 Red Light Fix Pro:


  • Step by Step Videos Available to Watch Instantly Online - No matter where you are or what time it is, you will get instant access to 8 High Definition, easy to understand videos, that walk you through step-by-step and help you fix RROD so you can get back to gaming fast.


  • 3 Red Light Repair Guide - In case you miss something in the videos, you can double check yourself with this very detailed guide that comes fully illustrated with pictures of all the important steps to fixing your Xbox 360.


  • Help is Just a Click Away - Easy access to every step of the repair so you can take your time, watch James go through it all over again if you need to. And if you get really stuck just contact their support team with just one click and they will help you solve your problem quickly.


  • 60 Day Money Back Guarantee – If for any reason you’re not happy just click that same support button in the member’s area and you will get a full refund. No ifs ands or buts.



This May Be Hard to Believe


But it really is the case. Within 2 hours from now, your Xbox 360 will be working good as new again, and those three flashing red lights will be nowhere in sight.

And you can get back to gaming!

If you are serious about fixing your Xbox 360 for good then you need to check out the James Dean 3 Red Light Fix Pro.

Click Here – To Visit his Official Site.



TopOfBlogs

Info: On How To Fix 3 Red Lights on Xbox 360


In this post I’m going to tell you what causes the 3 red lights on Xbox 360 and some easy steps to fix rrod so you can get back to your gaming fast.

The 3 red lights on your Xbox 360 also known as “RROD” is caused either by a problem with your power supply or by a general hardware failure due to an overheating issue.

First let’s take a look at your power supply. Turn on your Xbox and check the light on the power supply box. If it is red, orange, or not lit at all here are some steps to take to find out where the problem is coming from. Take your console in another room and try plugging it in to a different outlet. Is the light still red, orange, or not lit? If so then you have a problem with your power supply and you need a new one. You should be able to find one at amazon.com, but I would recommend trying a friend’s power supply first to make sure that this was the problem.

If you checked your power supply and the light was green then you have a general hardware issue, but don’t feel bad you are in the same boat as millions of other gamers and there are a few different options to fix this problem.

Option 1 – If you are still under warranty Microsoft will take care of the problem free of charge, but it will take some time for you to get your Xbox back.

Option 2 – If you are not under warranty you can find someone in your local paper who repairs consoles to fix it for a price or you can still send it to Microsoft for about $140 and wait to get it back.

Option 3 – You can fix it yourself by doing the x-clamp-mod and be back to gaming in a very short amount of time.

I personally used option 3 and would like to summarize how you do the x-clamp-mod.
  • First you have to take your Xbox apart which will void the warranty if you have one so don’t do this if you plan on sending it back to Microsoft. You can find lots of video tutorials about this step on YouTube.
  • Next you will want to remove the DVD drive and the fan.
  • After that you need to pry the x-clamps off of the bottom of the motherboard. Then you need to take the bolts off of the heat sink and clean the thermal past off of the bottom.
  • The next step is probably the hardest but most important one. You need to clean the thermal past off of the CPU and GPU chips with some rubbing alcohol and a q-tip until they have a nice mirror finish. That step took me about 20 minutes so take your time and do a good job with it.
  • Next, you need to reapply more thermal past to the chips and put the heat sinks back on with new machine screws and washers that you can pick up at your local hardware store. Tighten these screws down pretty snug but don’t worry about getting them too tight, we will take care of that in the next step.
  • After that you need to heat the motherboard up to help melt the solder joints. So plug you power and AV cables into the back of the motherboard and reconnect the DVD drive. Also replace the RF module that you took off in step one, but don’t put the fan back on. Turn the Xbox 360 on and let it sit until the three red lights change to two red lights and let it run for about 2 minutes. Then shut it off and unplug everything, flip the motherboard over and tighten the screws down some more.
  • After you let the Xbox cool down for about 30 minutes you can start to put it back together, but don’t close it up all the way. You will want to check it before you do. Plug in all the cables, put the DVD drive and the fan back in, replace the RF module and turn it on.
  • You should now have green lights.
  • Put the case back on and get to gamming.

If you are worried that all this sounds like too much work, Stop. I waited so long before I fixed my Xbox 360 and after I was done I wished I would have tried it a lot sooner. It was so easy and I’m no techy wiz either.

The guide that I used was so easy to follow and came with a 60 day money back guarantee so I really didn’t worry about anything. I just figured that if I couldn’t get it fixed I was going to have to buy a new one cause there was no way I was going to pay Microsoft $140 dollars to send me a refurbished system that might break again.

To learn more about the guide that I used 
Check it Out Here

Good luck with your repair.

Disclaimer: This summary is in no way a complete guide to fixing your Xbox 360 and is not intended to be one. It is only to provide a little bit of information on “The Red Ring of Death”. The author of this blog post assumes no responsibility for damages done to your Xbox 360 using this information. For more information on how to get a copy of the guide that was used Please Click Here